Friday, February 5, 2010

Animation in PowerPoint

http://www.ellenfinkelstein.com/powerpointtips/powerpoint_tip_animation_tutorial_best_practices.html

I was able to figure out the basics of PowerPoint through the class presentation and my playing around with it. I was really interested in how you could add animation to the lesson. Animation works on several different levels. It can grab the viewers’ attention (especially with children), it can illustrate a progression or it could be strictly for amusement purposes.
I focused on the tutorial at the bottom on animation that shows progression. Ellen shows us an example of a seed starting out very small and growing larger and larger. I felt this idea was very interesting and could be used to show many different progressions in the classroom. It looks like it would be very difficult to do, however, the steps did not look too complicated. Rather than using Clip Art as she suggests, I would do my own drawings in Illustrator and import them into PowerPoint to make them more personal and unique. I think using animation takes the lesson to a whole new level and I am positive the students would love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment