Friday, February 26, 2010

elements & principles of design

http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab296/eahalliday/Elements%20and%20Principles%20of%20ART%202010/?albumview=slideshow

http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab296/eahalliday/Elements%20and%20Principles%20of%20ART%202010/?albumview=slideshow

I chose not to have a particular theme to represent my photographs for the elements and principles of design. I am extremely interested in photography and bring my camera with me every chance it get. I like to focus on nature, buildings and people. I find the most captivating shots to usually to candid approaches. I used my digital camera for all of the shots. Some of the elements and principles were more difficult for me to represent than others. I took a more abstract style to my work. I enjoy seeing what different effects you can create with the camera. For some of my pictures I moved the camera as I was taking the shot to get a blurred look. I think it is really cool when the colors blend together and create a product that looks like it has been manipulated, however, it has not.
I liked this project a lot because we were able to pick the subject matter. I think if the teacher gave us a theme that we had to focus on it would have narrowed my creative thinking. I am sure all of our photographs will be very different, which will make them more fun to watch. I think using your own photographs is a great way of experimenting with the camera and your creative thoughts. I would definitely use lessons on photography in my class lessons. I think most students will have or be able to access a digital camera.
When taking a photograph I always am thinking about the picture as a whole. I want their to be a balance created, however, I tend to use asymmetrical balance. I find asymmetry to be more intriguing and unique. You also have to plan out how you want the style of your photograph to look. Many times I blur the background of something and then have my main focus very clear. I have taken several photography classes in high school as well as college and feel that my strengths are in finding ordinary objects are making them eye-catching and appealing. I am happy with my final slide show and feel that it really comes together in the end even though the photographs are of vastly different subject matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment