Friday, February 26, 2010

Logo Inspirations

http://www.logolounge.com/

I have several LogoLounge books that I use to help me with inspirations for making logos. I decided that I would check out their website since I knew that they were a credible source. LogoLounge contains many modern design approaches to making logos. The ideas are often conceptual, eye-catching and innovative. I am mainly interested in these new age designs. I felt this website gives great tips for beginners on how to make an effective logo and keeping in mind all of the essential factors such as, who is the target audience, why you choose certain colors and when you should combine text with image.
I thought it was helpful how they have in the archive on the right the trends of year dating back to 2003. It is interesting to look at how design trends have changed over time. I am drawn to the design style that is called Encrust this style incorporated the swirls and flower patterns. The like who the colors create such contrast when the artist uses a bold color against white. This also creates a flowing pattern since the object then seems to have openings around it, which creates a unity with the white of the background.
Another style that I think is neat is the Candy Stripe. If this is done right I feel it could be very effective, however, you have to match it up with the correct product or company. For example a company for medical supplies or a more serious product would probably not work well. I think it would be fun to pick out of color palette that works together and see what you can come up with.
I was also drawn to the Doily style. I an intrigued by how many different Doily styles you can create and how unique each can look. Sometimes it is okay to make a detail logo, however, it depends of the scale you will be using it for and the message you are trying to create. This effect could be made by turing your drawing into a brush pattern so it will repeat itself around the circle. I will try several different approaches for my own logos design keeping in mind the styles that I thought were effective.
I would definitely recommend this website to anyone interested in logo design. There are so many possibilities that this site helps you decide what you prefer and explains that meaning of different kinds of logos. What is also is is the fact that you are able to see all of the different Logo books if you click on the left hand side. It lists the price and lets you purchase them directly from Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment