Friday, February 12, 2010

Helpful Lessons

http://www.internet4classrooms.com/lesson.htm
This is the website

http://www.internet4classrooms.com/links_grades_kindergarten_12/lesson_plans_elementary_middle_arts.htm
This is what I focused on in the website

I have already went over how to write lesson plans in my classes and feel comfortable doing so, so I decided to search for a site that would help me with future ideas for lesson plans. I am focusing on elementary and middle school students because this is the age range that I would like to teach. I was able to find a site that had several lessons plans to choose from. You were also able to choose what grade level you were interested in. I went into elementary/middle and then chose art. I focused on the first lesson called A Mask for All Seasons. I was drawn to the way they laid out the lesson plan and explained how the activity related to what they were studying. Also towards the end of the plan there was section called evaluation, which was a series of questions the students would have to answer about the project. I feel it is extremely important for teachers to make sure children understand the lesson that we are teaching and that they are able to understand how it relates to them and why it is important. If children do not understand these then they may not be motivated to do the project or will not put their full imagination and effort into it.
I also looked at lesson two called, Pintura: Art Detective. This lesson was interactive and made the viewer become the art detective. I feel something like this would work well to keep the children’s attention and to have them thinking along as well. This would be a good idea was a WebQuest if you wanted to focus on a mystery theme.
The lessons that are shown are all very different and use various types of materials. I think it is important for teachers to create their lessons over the school year in many different medias so students can try a broad spectrum of materials and figure out what they are drawn to.

No comments:

Post a Comment