Monday, March 15, 2010

Examples- Self Portrait

I chose these two self-portrait images because I felt they really caught my eye and experimented with unique styles. I thought the typographic self-portrait was extremely interesting. I like how she incorporated a biography of her life to make up her face outline. I am impressed how it came out so realistic. I also chose the more abstract woman self-portrait. I like how she used different materials to make up her face. If you look closely you can see there are music notes in the background, which show that she really enjoys music, or is a musician.
I will use both of these examples to help me with my own self-portrait. I am going to experiment with unique approaches. I like the idea of adding type in a creative way. I am also highly influenced by the use of fabrics into the work to give it a more handmade feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment