Friday, March 12, 2010

Photoshop CS3

I found there to many several changes from Photoshop CS2 to CS3. I think one of the best upgrades would be the quick selection tool. Now you are able to click the “w” key and then click in the area of the image you want to select. If you don’t want to select a certain part of it you use the alt key and then click. This feature makes it very simple to take a certain part of the picture out and to place it on a plain background. In the past I remember spending a lot of time trying to perfectly select on object, this was much more difficult before. You are also able to use refine edge to view the object on multiple backgrounds such as white and black. This can be very helpful if you are working with displaying products. The smart filter was another feature that I would definitely use. With this you are able to use multiple filters on a single image and you can change the stacking order to create unique views. It is also interesting how you can us the blending controls for each filter. I think the exposure feature would help when adjusting the lighting for photographs. By using the smart object selection you can really adjust the shadows and highlights of certain areas. In InDesign I thought the tool called frame fitting would be particularly useful. Sometimes your picture can be brought in and be way too large; this will help fit it proportionately to the page size. The multi place tool could also be effective when you are working with many images at the same time.
I think the video on making and refining selections was the most helpful to me. If you don’t know about he quick selection tool you can really have a hard time trying to select a certain object out of the whole picture. I felt the first speaker was very clear and had a good pace. I noticed the woman speaker to be too slow and to have a slight lisp. The last male speaker was harder for me to listen to because of his strong lisp. I felt these tutorials were very useful. I feel that I need to upgrade my Adobe Suite because I am missing out on great new features of the programs.

No comments:

Post a Comment