Friday, March 26, 2010

InDesignCS3

I found the InDesign tutorials to be helpful, but much of what they went over I already knew. There were some slight changes made from CS2 to CS3. I learned how to create a bleed within the document setting. Often times I would want my images to extend right to the edge of the paper and need to create a bleed. The colored lines help you differentiate your document from your bleed and slug. I am use to using layers in Photoshop and Illustrator and the layer in InDesign are very similar. I thought it was interesting how you can select text boxes and move them to other layers by sliding the small blue square on your layers palette to the layer you want it to go on.
I found it helpful that the control panel switches when you move from text to images. The top area makes it easy to change size, effects and other options quickly. The keyboard shortcuts can really save you time. I like how you can modify the key commands to your own customized setting. I have used master pages before. This helps if you want something to remain in the same spot on all of your pages. This feature saves you the struggle of making sure things are perfectly aligned on all the pages. I am drawn to being able to create shapes with the shape tool and experimenting with the graphics.
For the upcoming projects I would definitely use the text wrap feature if I were working with a text heavy document that also has an image. The text wrap can really make the page look intriguing and well thought out. I would also use the object style to customize effects to multiple images. This can be great for changing both the attributes and the effects of images.

No comments:

Post a Comment