Thursday, March 18, 2010

Resource for Photoshop

I found this video on making an urban collage self-portrait. I thought it was really fun and interesting how it showed the different layers and effects being made to the photograph. Although I don’t think I am going to use such an urban theme to my work, I feel this video gave me ideas on how I can change my background and add swirl designs to enhance my piece. Since I am familiar with Photoshop I new what effects he was using, but if you just started to learn Photoshop you may have trouble following what the steps were. I like the idea of adding several images on top of one another to create depth.
For my self-portrait I want to keep it minimal in overall design, but use subtle effects to change my original photograph. I may use fabric to incorporate in the background of my image because I like the idea of fabric collage being intergraded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTOK4fSCZAY&feature=channel

If the link isn't working for you type this in the browser :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTOK4fSCZAY&feature=channel


1 comment:

  1. Great video! I like the urban influence you wanted for your own design and how you wanted to use subtle effects. I'm sure your overall design turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete